Espresso and Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Whole Time: 25 minutes Servings: 24
Creamy, soften in your mouth shortbread with espresso/coffee and chocolate chips!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered/icing/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch (or more flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Defeat the butter and sugar for 5-6 minutes right before mixing in the vanilla.
- Gently combine in the combination of the flour, cornstarch, salt, and espresso.
- Sort the dough into a log, wrap and chill in the fridge for 2+ hours, before slicing into 1/4 inch slices and positioning on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet!
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the base just starts off to brown, about 12 minutes, right before removing from the oven and permitting awesome absolutely on the baking sheet.
Solution: Variety the dough into any wanted cookie styles and put on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet!
Selection: Substitute some or all of the cornstarch with flour.
Tip: Use a sharp knife, use power, and cut rapidly to minimize crumbling when you slice the shortbread dough.