It’s blueberry period.
While a pint comes with a bit of sticker shock in January, in July, these berries are bountiful and affordable.
Blueberries are high in vitamin K, higher in manganese, a good source of fiber, a superior source of vitamin C and a good source of copper, in accordance to the U.S. Division of Agriculture. They pair effectively with other berries and even other fruit.
Some people today even get in touch with blueberries a superfood.
I adore those small pops of sweet with the one of a kind coloration, just not on their personal.
A fantastic blueberry muffin is remarkable in the morning, but I can only try to eat so quite a few blueberry muffins ahead of they shed some of their allure.
When still a further pint discovered its way into my grocery cart, I needed to uncover a new way to take in the berries.
I observed this recipe by hunting “blueberry” on Pinterest, wanting a little something new.
I love a superior baked oatmeal. It combines the thrill of cake with the overall health gains of oatmeal.
So combining blueberries with baked oatmeal is a gain in my guide.
I like this recipe since it is crammed with pantry staples: oatmeal, brown sugar, milk and eggs. The only particular substances I didn’t have at residence had been almonds and blueberries.
This recipe will come together quickly and very easily. It is combined making use of the muffin process — dry and moist ingredients combined individually and then with each other.
These bars can be designed with clean or frozen blueberries, so if a blueberry hankering comes all over in the dead of winter, head for the frozen blobs.
I like the rustic texture the rolled oats lend to the bars and the further crunch the almonds bring. They are a great harmony to the gooey blueberries that in some cases virtually dissolve in a comfortable muffin.
This recipe is even gluten-absolutely free, as extensive as licensed gluten-totally free oatmeal is employed.
Gluten is a protein uncovered in particular cereal grains — wheat, barley and rye — that give bread dough it is stretchy good quality. Some people today have problems digesting this protein.
Oatmeal can be processed in the identical factories as flour, this means there could be some cross-contamination unless of course certified gluten-absolutely free oatmeal is used.
It is awesome to obtain a gluten-cost-free recipe that doesn’t use tough-to-locate or costly flour alternate options, especially for those people of us that aren’t gluten-cost-free, but may have close friends or loved ones that are. I know I’ll use oatmeal so there is no waste.
It’s usually exciting to obtain new works by using for in-time fruits and vegetables. Primarily types that boast so quite a few well being gains.
Blueberry baked oatmeal bars
- 3 cups rolled oats.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped or sliced.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 1/2 cups milk.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, as well as much more for greasing.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, new or frozen.
- Crumble topping
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped or sliced.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch-by-nine-inch baking pan.
- In a massive bowl, merge the dry elements: rolled oats, brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, and stir to mix.
- In a medium bowl, incorporate the wet ingredients: milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract, and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the moist substances to the dry components and mix right until very well integrated. Incorporate blueberries and gently fold into the oatmeal combination.
- Transfer the combination to the greased baking pan, gently spreading it evenly into the pan with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, mix the crumble topping substances and mix alongside one another with your fingers till very well included, then gently scatter the topping over the major of the pan.
- Transfer the baking pan to the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes until finally the bars are cooked and the prime is golden brown.
- Once cooked, take out from the oven, permit to neat a little bit and then slice into 9 even squares.
- The bars can be served instantly, stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 times or in the freezer for a few months.
Recipe adapted from Stephanie Kay Diet.